Skip to main content

10/27/24 Pumpkin Painting

Dj has been super cute lately when they FaceTime us.  He always gets really close to the camera and as soon as he seems me he says, "Read me a story, GiGi?, Read me a story?"  In his cute lil sweet 4 year old voice. He and Ellie love to snuggle up in their bed and listen to stories. This picture was our good bye at the end of our story time Sunday evening. 
Monday night was just GPA G, Andy and me. Every year we paint pumpkins for Halloween for as long as I can remember. No kids this year but we still enjoyed painting our pumpkins!


Shelly's Pumpkin

Andy's Pumpkin




GPA Pumpkin

Shelly and GPA


Young women's this week was a stake activity where we had movie in the park. I have been having random fevers lately and Tuesday night I had one again. BUT they didn't have any YW leaders that could go from our ward. So I went down to Middleton Park. It got dark pretty quickly after we arrived and I couldn't see or hear the movie very well so I quietly left after about 1/2 hour. 
Terrible view of the movie screen!


I had bought a pumpkin that we didn't get painted on Monday night so on Wednesday night I painted one more pumpkin. All by myself. (It's kinda weird not having kids around sometime! haha)



Thursday evening we played pickleball at our friend Shane's house. They don't have lights so we could only play until about 7:30 p.m. But it was super fun!!!

I had a really fun weekend planned. I was going to do girl's game night on Friday, Had a whole list of things Saturday including an air show, jazz festival and Halloween Party, and then of course church on Sunday. I missed most all of it!  I had 100 - 101 fever Friday and Saturday evening. (I did get to play pickleball Saturday morning but I felt a little spent while I did it). I am not sure why I keep getting fevers but it makes me tired and achy and sometimes comes with a headache. I think it started back on October 11 (Columbus Day I was down and out too!)  And it's been happening a couple of nights here and there for the past 2 weeks. I'm staying home from church today. Fever is gone but I feel blah so I'm going to try to feel better. We cancelled our Sunday night dinner with everyone so we don't share this...in case it is contagious. 

On the bright side, I feel good in between the fevers! haha

Dad has been sporting a side ache this week and is going in to the dr tomorrow. We're quite the pair!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...