Skip to main content

10/13/24 Life is full...Sunday dinner, YW, Pickleball, Funeral

 Another week in the books - I really thought life would get slower once all the kids moved out but that is not the case! Staying busy and active and having fun and lots to do. 

It was conference weekend and since we were so busy Saturday there was a lot of watching to do on Sunday. Somehow I did it though. I got through all the sessions! I often try to think of what word(s)/theme I'm hearing. This time it was come back...repent...forgive. It was a really enjoyable conference. 

Sunday we had Randy and Kay, GPA, AJ, and us for dinner. E&D weren't back from conference yet. Made some chicken enchiladas with lime rice and they turned out yummy!

Monday night picked up some Domino's pizza and E&D were back. They came a little late due to running some errands but it was a nice visit after not seeing them for a couple of weeks. 

Holly was able to see the northern lights and sent us some cool pictures from Cedar City. 

Andy had another appointment with the foot dr this week and they cut the tendon in his pinkie toe. (His toe was lifting up and rubbing his shoes and making cuts in his skin). They also trimmed his nails and sanded his feet. They looked and felt the best they've looked in a LONG time!

Wednesday we went to Super Chix restaurant with B&L and GPA. They are kinda pricey but we had a coupon and shared so it wasn't horrible. We had a nice visit and enjoyed it!  

For YW we did volleyball and water balloons out at Middleton Park. We had a lot of fun and a pretty good turnout. (Lately EVERYONE has been busy with other activities and not coming to YW.)  It's still so hot here that the water balloons were a nice addition to the activity. 
Left cooler: Balloons didn't survive the night

Funny story though: The water balloons have been in the garage for a couple of years so I guess the little rubber bands lose their elasticity.  I filled up about 100 balloons the night before. It was really fast so I decided to wait and fill the other right before the activity. Good thing I did...EVERY SINGLE BALLOON in the first batch died!  The batch I did the night of faded fast but we were able to enjoy them before they all died too!  SO...note to self. Buy balloons, use balloons. Not good in storage!

Thursday we had a nice quiet evening. 

Friday we went to Jersey Mike's for a quick sandwich with GPA before Andy headed to football. I went to Linda's house and walked her around the park (she is recovering from her other hip surgery and we hung out. Sharlotte Barco came too and it was fun to walk and talk. 

Saturday morning was pickleball and Jack Telford's funeral.  It was 95 years old and we home taught him and his wife for a few years when we lived in the 9th ward. Love them. Also friends with his kids Scott and Linda Telford (they are closer to our age). It was really cool as he had military honors. 

It's fast Sunday and time to head to church!



Jack Telford Funeral








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...