Skip to main content

03/02/15 No basketball for Katie this year

McKayla trying on wedding dresses
3/2/15

So we were on the road yesterday so I never did get to write you on Sunday like I normally do. So now its Monday morning and the internet is down at work so I'm trying something new --I'm trying to write you from my phone!



It's been a good week been busy ending the basketball season for dad.  Our teams did good but you'll have to get more information from dad if you want to know about that.



Katie tried out for the basketball team this week she was really disappointed when she didn't make it. She is playing soccer so at least there's that.

Aj showing Katie some of the games
he plays with his "special" kids. 
The girls will be selling girl scout cookies this week. they did pre sell last month and this week they deliver and start doing booths.  busy time of year. We will have to send you a box. What is your preference? Mints? Samoas?



We went to Johnny and they Demas baby blessing yesterday in Salt Lake They had quite a good turnout and a nice gathering afterward-- everybody's growing up and looking good.



Holly plugged in!
Got to spend a day with Becky and Ruth and Katie and Holly. It was good to see the sisters, don't get to spend much time with them. It's cold and rainy here. We actually had some snow last week. We are fortunate to get up to Salt Lake and back without hitting any real bad storms.



Grandpa Laurito at Ruth's house

Becky Chase making pizza at Ruth's house

Dallas working on production for Dad.

Becky and Ruth

Robert and Ruth

Shelly, Becky and Ruth

Whoa!  Gonna start a fire with this birthday!  49 years old!

He did it...mostly!

Andy and Katie

Gma and Gpa Griffin

Eldon and Andy

Ben and Laura

Eldon with Andy getting fresh...
I think Eldon likes it?!

Dallas and McKayla, engaged!



Hope you're doing well hopefully our internet will come back soon so I can get some work done today and don't mind odd strange words. I'll try to proof read this but who knows what I'll miss love you lots, mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...