Skip to main content

05/03/15 McKayla's Patriarchal blessing

5/3/2015 
Holly's soccer team, Holly's in yellow, goal keeper

Another busy week here in the Griffin household.  Dad is getting to the end of a very long very busy sports season.  Last Monday night he had to work (rain delay game).  The girls and I went to the WCCC pool party while dad worked.


Tuesday Dad worked again.  So did I (until 9 p.m.).  The girls were busy going from one activity to the next -- they had piano, soccer practice, volleyball practice.  I think they got home and ate dinner after 7 p.m.


Wednesday was YW and it was a stake activity so me and Katie went up to the stake center and learned about first aid.  Afterward I had a budget meeting with the bishop and YM/YW leaders -- didn't get home until almost 10 p.m.  (And it was dad's only night off this week...wah!!!)


Thursday Katie had her final soccer practice and Holly had activity days and dad had soccer game and maybe baseball too...honestly it all runs together.  I just know he's gone all the time.  I dunno where he is though!  


Holly playing goalie
Friday I got off work super early due to such a late night Tuesday so that was nice.  Dad and I went to lunch with Gma and pa and then Dad went to work yet again.  I spent the evening working on a little garden in the back yard while the girls all played.  They went down to Emma Christensen's house and watched a movie and her dad bought them all KFC for dinner.  He spoils them every time they go over there.


Saturday Dad had like Ironman, soccer, baseball and football.  We had wedding shower (Kennedy and Taylor), soccer games.  Took the girls swimming.  Went to Amanda Turner's wedding reception and then movie in the park.  


Whew.  Busy busy busy.  


Holly's soccer team, coach Ben Rae
This morning at 10 a.m. we went to the patriarch's house for McKayla's blessing.  He gave her a beautiful blessing and it was a neat experience.  You can really feel the power of God and the love of God as he lays his a hands and pronounces his blessing.  It is really amazing to feel the love of God for her and how he recognizes her many blessings and talents and the wonderful things she can do if she will follow the commandments and covenants she has made and will make in the temple.  It was a good reminder that Heavenly Father loves all of us and only wants the best for us and if we put in the effort he will help us to do the things we need to do.  He admonished her that satan would love for her to fail and to really strive to follow what she knows to be right in
Katie playing soccer, orange socks 
order to avoid his pitfalls.  It really was a special experience and I'm thankful that she invited us to join her.  


Did Dad already tell you that Kennedy and Taylor are getting married at Santa Clara City Hall and then having a reception in Cedar City? That will be in a couple of weeks. May 23 I think.  A little bit of heartache there but hopefully they'll get to the temple next year.


Can you believe we get to talk to you in 1 week?!  What a great birthday/mother's day gift!!!! Holy smokes!  It seemed like it was forever away and it's next Sunday!!!!  I guess you'll tell us all the details of time and duration etc.


Look forward to your letter and to hear more about your new area.  Also be sure and take some pictures to show me what your place looks like etc.  I really enjoy hearing about what you are doing and seeing too!  
Katie playing soccer

Love you lots! Mom.














I didn't include details of McKayla's wedding shower in my letter to Bryce because i didn't want him to feel sad about wedding stuff and missing out.


McKayla had a fun shower here at the house with many of our friends and neighbors and relatives. Here are some pictures from the party:




Cupcakes arranged to look like a wedding dress. 

McKayla



Nicole Binder, Emily Sharp, Jean Griffin, Ann Squires, Laura Squires

Natalie & McKayla Brenneman, Dawn Wright, Shelly Griffin

Natalie & McKayla

McKenzie Riley, Holly, Lauren Riley & Riceann Clark

McKayla, Dallas and Andy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...