Skip to main content

05/31/15 Grandpa Griffin turns 80!

05/31/15

Well I think things are finally feeling a little less stressful here!  The girls are out of school.  Dad's still working but not quite as much. 

Last week we had our first choir practice since Christmas I think. After Christmas the ward split and things got crazy and our new 9th ward never had a choir again. We practice last week and this week before church and then sing today at ward conference today.  

Tuesday the stake YW did visits and Sister Hafen and Sister Spriggs came to visit Katie (and the family).  They visited for 1/2 hour and it was nice.  They actually came late enough that I got home right after they got here, so that was nice!  

Wednesday we bought 150 stepping stones from home depot.  (Lowe's had them on sale and Home Depot ad matches PLUS I had a 10% off coupon too!  So I ended up saving like $115 or something.  It was quite a bit!  I am going to try to make a little pad in the back corner by our bedroom for the swing and the table and chairs. Also a pad for the garbage cans and maybe some stones to walk from the front yard to the back yard.  We'll see how far they go. 

150 stepping stones is a lot of stone.  And they were heavy.  Made the truck look very low!  We hurried and unloaded everything on the side of the house (thanks to everyone for helping it went pretty quick) and then Katie and I had YW and Dallas and McK went back to Home Depot to pickup the sand.  They felt the truck was already loaded enough and didn't want to add another 150 lbs of sand!

Wednesday was super slow at work so I left a little early and then took off Thursday.  Aunt Laura's birthday was Thursday so we had lunch at Kneader's with her, Wendy, mom and dad.  It was kind of a last minute thing that just worked out.  It was nice. 

Friday through next Wednesday I am doing the treasure job at work (picking up, counting and depositing all the money for the city).  I do that whenever Kerry is out of town.  He is in Hawaii this week, lucky guy!  So I had an extra little bit of work to do Friday!  Sometimes it works perfect but it was tricky Friday ... someone was $50 short on their drawer and a couple other little things!  Took 2.5 hours, sigh.  Oh well.  Makes the day go super quick. 

Friday night we went out with Gma and pa to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and to celebrate grandpa's 50.  It was really nice and delicious!

Saturday we went to Dickie's clubhouse for a pool party and birthday celebration.  Wendy had it decorated really nice and there was sandwiches, chips, fruit, cake and ice cream.  Everybody came but it was not too crowded with the kids swimming and playing and happy the whole time. 

We had a nice quiet evening at home last night playing games and chilling.  Much needed after the go-go-go we have been doing lately. 

Well I love you and hope everything is going well.  Hope you had a great week! xoxo mom




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...