Skip to main content

05/11/15 End of an era...Elementary school wrapping up!

05/11/2015




It was sure fun to see you last night!!! You look so good!  We really enjoyed "hanging" with you!!!


I especially feel special for our private phone call.  It was nice to have a little time alone with you!  I hope you are doing better!!!


I talked to Marlee's mom yesterday and she was pretty cute...she answered the phone...H.e.l.l.o.?  (The caller-id came up you and it kinda baffled her ... like...how is this happening?!)  Haha.  She was touched that you would remember her on mother's day.  She said Marlee is doing good and talked about her papers probably being submitted this week so hopefully we'll know in 2-3 weeks when/where Marlee is going.  Wouldn't it be crazy if you got your wish (well, kind of your wish) and she got called to your mission!?  (Like the Turner and her boyfriend called to TN same mission.  Then splitting them up into two neighboring missions and the missions getting combined so they are in the same mission again.

That was crazy.  They got married right away after they both completed.)  Haha. Silly thought! Anyway I'm excited to hear where she will go.   $1196.37 is the total in your account.  You have $491 in savings and $704 in checking.


Gma and pa felt really special that you would include them on the phone call.  I guess Laura always specifically didn't include them - wanted it to just be her and her kids and that made them kinda sad.


This morning is giving me a headache...Dallas pulled my stereo out of the car (it quit working) so when we got in





the car to go to church the van was dead.  Seems like a battery or something.  Not sure what happened.  We were in a hurry so we just jumped in the car. And forgot about it. So when I was ready to go to work today...it didn't work of course.  Borrowed Aj's car.  Got about 1 mile down the road...he calls...his sneakers are in the car, can I come back. Finally get to work and they've switched the program servers so no one in the building can get into the court program.  Spend a while getting that figured out.  Sigh!  What a morning!  Haha, oh well. It's already 10 a.m. so at least time is flying!  Oh yeah and I had given a report to a lady that only had 1 day instead of 1 month on it and she spent hours trying to make it work before she realized.  Geesh!  My first customer was  so sweet though and promised me the rest of my day would be great!!  Gotta love it when you get good carma/vibes from others!!!





Hope everything's going well and you are settling in and loving your new area.  Can't wait to hear all about it!  Love you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...