Skip to main content

07/05/15 Sweet letter from AJ to BJ

Dad and Mom love each other so much!

07/05/15

Hey bro,

Hope you are having a great week! We just had a great 4th of July and I got to spend some time with the family. Holly and I spent some time at the lake, I went and barbequed with friends outside of stadium of fire and got to hear Journey and then see the fireworks. It was an awesome 4th of July. I'll attach a picture or two

Taking a break
This week I had two cool experiences I want to tell you about. So first, Dad, Mom, Katie, Holly and I went on a really hard hike to this awesome waterfall. Anyway about halfway through it dad was dying and he wasn't sure if he was going to make it. I ran ahead to the top and then came back down to see if I could help. He was having a hard time but I told mom if she wanted to she could go ahead to the top and check out the waterfall and that I would hang back with dad. Mom didn't want to leave dad though. I asked her several times if she wanted to go ahead but she really didn't want to leave. I realized that even though mom wanted to see the waterfall she didn't want leave dad and wanted to do it together with him. Anyway long story short we all made it up together and I remember getting a distinct thought that, Wow my mom really loves her husband. Awesome.

Hiking up the mountain to the falls
Another awesome experience this week is I heard one of my converts was able to baptized his wife(whom I had been able to teach and who had previously been indifferent about the teachings). My convert, Sadri Salarzon, was is a grandpa of this big family who all lived on the same block. He was an awesome and a basically golden investigator. He was a farmer and also lived pretty far from the church. Anyhow a while after I went home I heard he was having trouble making it to church always because of the cost of bus fare and because of being busy with farming. So i was really worried about him, and this week I heard that he has been doing well and that actually he was able to baptize his wife which is awesome!

Love you man, AJ
Enjoying the waterfall after long hike!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

07/28/25 MRI interpretation

Andy had an MRI but to get a surgeon to interpret it was going to be a long wait...like 6 weeks. Andy has a friend who works in radiology. He had Andy over to his office and explained what was going on with Andy's back. He said the two places where Andy had previous surgeries were showing problems just above the surgery (apparently common but nobody told Andy that originally).  He had a third spot that was also degenerating. So lower, mid and upper spine all have issues.  We are trying the spinal decompression route currently in hopes of avoiding surgery.  These spinal issues are probably the reason for many of Andy's other ailments.