Skip to main content

8/25/04 BBQ, double-barrel boogie nose and beds

Elmo and Holly
8/25/2004
(letter to Mom - Deanna Laurito) 
I’m glad you wrote – sorry to hear you are not feeling too good though.  Darn medications.

I’ve been having problems with my court computer and just didn’t log into messenger last night – it usually logs in automatically but we had turned it on earlier in the day and then when I came in my office it kicked that one out.  Needless to say – I was working – just didn’t look like it!

My computer geek is looking into the virus situation.  He thinks we may have something network wide here.  He is not sure.  Hopefully he’ll figure something out.  It is a little annoying but not too much of a bother.  I almost deleted this message thinking it was just more crap!!!  

Grandma Laurito and Holly
That will be fun to see you this weekend if you guys make it down.  We have a ward swim party BBQ Friday night so if you get to our house before 9 p.m. that’s where we’ll be.  If you can get down by 6 p.m. or so you can come have dinner with us.  Saturday morning (I think it’s in the a.m.) our good friends are being sealed in the Temple – so it’ll be good if you are there.  I won’t feel so apprehensive about leaving Holly – we still don’t leave her home very often…ever…with the boys.  I think they can handle it but I worry too much.

Holly was up last night cutting teeth and screaming about it.  Poor thing.  She had double barrel boogie nose and sore gums and nothing would make her happy.  We finally – at 1 a.m. gave her motrin and Dimetapp (or something like that) and after about ½ hour or more she settled in and went to sleep.  I don’t know how she’s doing this morning.  So she should have 8 teeth when you get here.  She has 6 now I think.



Shelly and double-barrel boogie Holly


We set up a badminton game in our backyard and the kids have been out playing every night since.  Me and Andy go with them.  They love it.  I like it because they are not plugged into the stupid video games all the time.  We don’t let them play during the school week.  They are so much nicer when they are not “plugged in.”
We have the blender from Grandma that you gave me some time ago.  I don’t know if yours is better, worse or the same.  It is a very nice blender and we use it often – so you’ll have to make the call on that.  The buttons on ours stick but besides that I have no complaints.  .

I’ve looked and looked for some captain’s beds for the boys but they are really pricey.  They sell plans to make them but I don’t think we have the time, skills, equipment etc to actually make them.  I wish you were feeling better because I bet you’d be able to do it.  I will probably leave things as they are until I come across a good deal or they move out.  

Things are going to be crazy at work for awhile.  They hired the utilities manager to be the assistant to the city manager.  So they are not going to have a boss starting Sept 1.  Sept 8 the #2 girl in utilities is having another operation on her arm (she’s been out of work since January but had come back for the last couple of weeks).  I don’t know what they intend to do but I have a feeling I’m going to be picking up so slack until they do it!  
Take care, love you lots.  Hope to see you soon.  Shelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...