Skip to main content

8/25/04 Update on life to Karen Hoffman

8/25/2004 LETTER TO KAREN VASCONEZ (FRIEND FROM HIGH SCHOOL)
Shelly and Baby Holly
Hey I really enjoyed the why men shouldn't babysit pictures.  We have one or
two of our own we could add to that!  I had one I wanted to send you of
Katie in the fridge buck naked - but I am at work and I guess that one never
got sent here.  So I sent a couple of other fun pictures.

Did you know Becky had twins last October 31?  Two little spooks, Sydney
(girl) and Sam (boy).  They were 6lb14 oz and 8 lb 3 oz or something like
Kevin and Becky Chase Famiy
that - poor girl was HUGE.  Course with 15 lb of baby, what do you expect???
I love that picture of the two of us pregnant together.  That was 2 or 3
weeks before she delivered.  And 8 or 9 weeks before I delivered my 9 lb 13
oz girl.

So how are things going there?  Do you still have the 2 little girls or have
you had some more?  Are you in Florida or New Jersey now?  Are you enjoying
life?  How old are the kids now and what are they up to?  Do you do that
dance thing or anything like that?

We are busy here - I'm still working - just got a "title increase" and a
merit raise.  I haven't had a raise in 2 years so thankfully this will be a
nice raise.  Couple dollars an hour, theoretically.

The boys are doing boy scouts and cub scouts and AJ plays TUBA.  That thing
is huge.  His bus driver told him he can't bring it on the bus anymore!!!
Becky belly and Shelly belly!

Katie is potty training and Holly is teething.  Fun...

Katie will be 3 at Christmas time and Holly will be 1.  They are adorable
and fun.

Andy is still doing broadcasting and sports writing and his season just
Katie
started last week.  So I'll be a lonely woman for many months...if you can
really be lonely with 5 kids!

Anymore it takes me all night Friday and part of Saturday morning to do the
laundry and house cleaning so the time goes pretty quickly.

Well if you have digital photos of the kids etc, send me some.  I'd love to
see you and Edgar and the girls and your house.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Sg.

   
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!