Skip to main content

1/31/16 Pizza & Basketball

Cheerleaders at the girls' basketball game
Miranda Warby, McKenzie & Lauren Riley
This week Monday night pizza was at the Brick Oven.  Love the pizza but they are kinda pricey.  It was just the 5 of us (McKayla had to work) and Gma and Gpa were too tired to join us. Just a note...never sit between Dad and Dallas at a pizza joint that only has one pepper and Parmesan cheese container on the table.  They kept passing it back and forth over me until I was ready to smack 'em both!  They thought it was funny. #Never.doing.that.again! Haha. 

Tuesday was way too long.  Got home about 8:30 p.m.  Makes for a nice Friday (usually!) but no so much the Tuesday!

Wednesday night the girls had basketball and the makeovers and pictures at YW.  They got their hair and makeup done really cute.  They had a nice time and now they want to wear makeup.  I guess it won't be long...they are getting older every day!  Dad worked Wednesday night and I was left all alone! I went to to costco and did some house cleaning.  Nothing exciting.  I'll be alone on Wednesday's unless they call me into YW or once sports season is over it will be just dad and me.  So strange having our family grow up!  Not used to quiet time!

Thursday the girls YW basketball season started and they won and had a nice time.  It's so nice to have them on the same teams and same activities right now!!!

Friday was like any other - got off early.  Had plans to run some errands and play pickleball and girls night/dad work.  Sent whole 'nother email about Friday. 

Saturday we went to the dr and they checked out Dad's knee.  He has an MRI scheduled for next week as they think he may have torn some ligaments in our lil accident yesterday.  He has sore hips and neck and just over all achey-ness. I have been having some neck and shoulder pain for quite some time so I had the dr check me out also since I was already at the dr.  He said I have a trapezial strain and ordered rehab and anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants.  We are both kind a sore and just trying to recuperate. 

Well time to head to church so I gotta run!! 

Spiritual thought for the week:
Katie really likes Helaman 5 and thinks you should read it.  Lehi and Nephi, Helaman's sons are becoming more righteous.  They convert most of the Lamanites in this one miracle. The Lamanites put them in prison.  Then they tried to burn them and they were standing in the middle of the fire but they weren't burned. 




47 
Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my Well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world.

Hope you have a great week!  We love you and miss you!  Thanks for being such a great example and wonderful son!!!! Love you!!! Mom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...