Skip to main content

08/15/22 Happy Monday!

Andy interviewing the Senator





 Sorry for the late write...last week was a whirlwind!


Monday Dad headed back to work full force. He had his normal day and then media day in the afternoon. We went to dinner with B&L, GPA and us...E&D were up in SLC. It was a nice ending to a good day. 

Tuesday dad interviewed Spencer Cox, the Governor of Utah in the evening on a statewide broadcast for an hour. I was his call screener and patched the questions in to him. He of course did a great job and didn't even seem nervous but THAT'S A BIG DEAL!  

Friday was the first football game of the year so a full morning and then 5- 10 p.m. for the game. 

But he did really well. He rested in between and has been doing his 1 hour of therapy on his legs every day (he has a $10K machine that squeezes his legs and helps his lymphedema). 
KDXU studio - interviewing Senator Cox

We've also been working on healing his feet and they are almost all better. He will take his last antibiotics today and see his Dr. this afternoon who I believe will tell him he's good now. He even swam on Saturday for the first time in quite a while. 

My week was similarly crazy. Monday my boss had me busy doing projects and such. We had someone coming in from Oregon and I had to arrange his week -- travel - airline, rental car, hotel, meals, itinerary etc. Monday evening about 5:30 boss texted me and asked me to have lunch ready for 10 at 11:15 on Tuesday morning. I was already doing breakfast for 10 at 9 a.m. Tuesday (a different 10 people) so...yeah...Tuesday was busy!  

Beautiful Sunrise
My week continued being super packed and busy which made the work week go really quick. I love that!

Wednesday we used the leftovers from lunch and had a ladies luncheon potluck (they were having one anyway but I had a TON to contribute.) There was still leftovers so GPA came to dinner Wednesday night and had rice and beans etc.  And there were STILL leftovers...so I sent them down to Fink's house. No more of that!!! haha. 

I was supposed to go to a pool party Wednesday night starting at 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. -- stake YW/YM party -- thank goodness for lightning!  Cancelled!  I don't know what they were thinking having a party the night before school starts...and so late.  But didn't work out anyway. And I was glad. 

Friday evening Linda and 6 of her grandkids came to swim. We had a lot of fun. That was the very first time she's been in our pool. Crazy!  

Saturday was super quiet. Did some housework and we went grocery shopping but otherwise just let dad rest. Played some games. 
Facetime DJ

Sunday same. Went to church and made fancy dinner but not a lot else. 

From sacrament meeting...Landon Humprhies spoke -- he's a nice kid. He is in ROTC and he said his Sgt. says do you want to get to the end of life and "wish you had...XXXX" OR get to the end of life and say, "WoW!!! I can't believe I did XXXX!"

So I think the lesson is to be brave and try hard things and just seize life! 

Also, remember you can only entertain one thought at a time. So be grateful and dwell on the good things and try not to waste too much space in your mind on the frustrating things. It's a constant battle in life but it's definitely more fun to be happy than frustrated! 

Facetime Ellie
I remember when you kids were driving me crazy and I wanted to get upset I'd look over at dad and smile and quietly say, don't you wish we would have had more kids!! 😂 

So whenever you are doing a rule you aren't too thrilled with, look over at your companion and smile and say, don't you wish we had more rules?!  😜  And laugh and move on. It gets better! haha. Have fun with your frustrations. 

I'm proud of you! Keep up the good works! Look forward to talking to you later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...