Skip to main content

08/22/22 Ola Hermana

Muh! Nothing like
baby kisses!





 Seems like it's been a long week but I can't remember why! haha

Let's see if I can remember...

Sunday we had our usual Sunday dinner. We had invited Randy and Kay but they backed out...Randy had a kidney stone. (Those are REALLY painful). Luckily he was able to pass it on his own and didn't go to the hospital. So that's good!

Monday E&D got pizza and went to Dad's house. Somehow she sent a text that never made it to me (like...seriously...she had proof she sent it and I had proof I didn't receive it...what the heck?!)
So I ended up working a little late and they call and are like...are you coming? And I'm like..coming where? I just got off work.  So yeah, we got to eat leftovers! Kinda join the meal in progress. It's all good!

Monkey Ellie!
Dad felt good enough we were able to play pickleball so we got to go with the  Caseys.  It was fun!

Wednesday we went to Rumbi with Gpa and Ben and Laura. Laura wants to start going out weekly.  They were doing luncheons during the day when Wendy lived in town. Now that she is gone they wanted to include me but I don't usually do lunch. So they compromised and are doing dinner. They are fun to hang out with so this should be a fun activity every week. 
Monkey DJ

My boss Jeremy was out of town this week M-W. When he finally came back Thursday I didn't see him all day!  (Mayor had me busy doing a luncheon and meetings with him). Thursday night Jeremy texted and asked if I was mad at him. 😂  Then on Friday, he brought pink box donuts. It's like he was trying to make up for whatever he did wrong...only he didn't do anything wrong! 

Had a nice lazy weekend-- did yard work and such but didn't need to go anywhere. We played pickleball and went to the grocery store. Julene came and hung out for two hours Saturday. I hardly see her anymore. It was nice to have some fun in the sun with my friend. Girl time!

Yesterday at ward council I had to give the spiritual thought. I did it on "I am a child of God." We use something out of the handbook and tie it in with other stuff. I found a talk by Prophet Nelson that says -- we need to establish patterns and habits that will shape our life (for good).
Two little monkeys!

If we make heroic choices = exemplary life. 
If we make disastrous choices = derailed life. 

Don't spend time on things that don't matter. Education is VERY important. 

Truths: 1 - we are going to die. 2 - we are going to be resurrected. 3 - judgment day is ahead. 

This life is the time to decide your forever life. Make covenants and keep them. 

Don't be naive about this life...know the truth about how you are, know that truth about what your heavenly father offers you, and know the truth related to your conversion. 

YOU are a child of God...Who are you? Discover it!  Ask HIM to help you find out!

Take a few minutes and write some I AM statements...
for example (for me)...
I AM a mother. 
I AM a disciple. 
I AM a wife. 
I AM an executive. 
I AM a teacher. 
I AM a child of God. 

If there are things you want to be...make it happen!  Know that I AM a child of God and I AM important and I matter!  

You are busy developing yourself now--I AM proud of YOU!  What your doing is hard but you are doing it!  I love you. Thank you for being such a great kid and great example!  

Happy Pday!  Love you lots! mom
Beautiful rainbow in the backyard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...