Skip to main content

10/30/22 Hello Hermana

 How are things in Chile?!  

Things are going well here. SUPER busy and we made it through IRONMAN -- they shut down half of St. George for two days for it!
Fezzik and Butter cup from princess bride

Let's see...what's exciting here...Jenna's homecoming was nice...I think I already told you that. Julene made peanut butter bars...Julene HATES PB!!!! I made fudgy bars cause I knew she hated peanut butter. I asked her WHY? Why did you make PB Bars when you hate PB SO? She said...then she doesn't have to worry about eating it, cause she hates it! Silly girl!
Shelly and Theo Fink at church
Love my church baby!






Monday I had a "redo" on my mammogram. Failed the first one. 😜  They found a little lump (after smashing my chest practically inside out. 😂  Seriously, if you have to look that hard is it really anything to worry about?!  It wasn't!!! They did an ultra sound after a second mammogram scan and said I was fine. Just come back in 6 months and make double sure. I sometimes think they do this to get more money. Becky had that happen at her last scan and it happened to me a couple of years ago. 


Sadie Geary
Next door neighbor

Carnevale's were here for swim and pizza night Monday. Kids are growing up! They just barely started piano lessons two weeks ago. First lessons since you quit them. Their teacher is Jill Rae's mom. (Jill and Ben sold their house and moved to Minnesota or North Dakota or somewhere far far away and really cold!) Jill's mom had recently moved into the trailer park to be close to them. Hmmmm.  Sad!  Jenna started BYU in August at 17 years old and now has to travel a LONG way to go home!

We played pickleball on Wednesday night with the Casey's and dad pulled a muscle and has been in pain ever since. Boo!

Mindy (my replacement) and her husband and kid all got covid so she was out of the office this week. I got to go work upstairs for a couple of hours with Hana (a fairly new girl) and that was fun. Time goes quickly in the court. I don't really want to go back for reals but it's fun to "play" court every once in awhile!

Friday dad covered Dixie playoff football game and they lost in the final minute -- a tied game.  Snow Canyon lost too. So we're down to Desert Hills and Crimson Cliffs. The next games are at SUU next weekend so hopefully I'll get to go see Holly for 8 hours. (Sounds like she is going to be working so maybe I'll get to do laundry with her!!!! 🎉

Saturday dad had a remote at Santa Clara Bucks Hardware. They had some yummy food and we spent 2 hours hanging out while he put some bits up on the radio. Ben and Laura came and hung out for about an hour with us. 
Amazing spread at Laura's house
Chili is not pictured

Dad did the announcing for the Ward Halloween Party last night. He went as Fezzig from princess bridge and I was Buttercup. It was fun. Our ward had lots of great games, food and prizes. They know how to throw a party. They invited the whole neighborhood - there were probably 500 people there.

I had an early morning meeting this morning and then church. Sadly, there wasn't anything real extra special to share with you!  Our lesson was "Is the gospel written in my heart?". The YW teach our lessons now. It is good for them. If they take it seriously.  But sometimes, it is challenging!  Today the girls had some fun cute ideas and games and such but their delivery was not real spiritual. They hadn't read the scriptures and didn't know what they said and it was just a lil off!  

We had the primary program today and the kids were super cute!

Our opening hymn was Israel, Israel  God is calling. I have summarized what we were supposed to learn today in YW, but I think the idea was majorly missed!
Jackson Squires
Playing car races and winning!

Israel means a person who is willing to let God prevail in his or her life. Pres Nelson, 10/2020, gave a talk about letting God prevail. It says the gathering of Israel is for those who CHOOSE to let God be an important influence in their lives.  The gathering is happening now...as we do missionary work, temple work, family history - we are building faith and helping gather Israel. 

Expand your perspective and seek the eternal. There is room for everyone who wants to embrace the gospel.  He invites ALL to come unto him. Black, white, bond, free, male and female. 

Ask yourself, are you willing to let God prevail in your life? Will you follow commandments, keep covenants? Allow His voice to have priority? 

Once you decide, other decisions become so much easier. What to watch, what to wear. How to spend your time. Who to hang out with. You know what you want to accomplish and what kind of person you want to become.

Be consistent - personal habits - prayer, study scriptures, seek personal revelation. 

Challenge from the prophet: Make a list of all that the Lord promised to do for covenant Israel. You will be astounded. Ponder the promises. Live and watch for those promises to be fulfilled in YOUR life. 

You are amazing and I'm so proud of you for working hard and letting God prevail in YOUR life! You are a great example and I'm proud to be your mama. Love you lil Hermana! mom




Thomas Squires
What a cutie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...