Skip to main content

04/03/23 General Conference Weekend

 It's General Conference Weekend...how do you get to listen? Where? Are you enjoying it? 


I was blessed (so far!!!) with a nice quiet weekend and I've really enjoyed the conference. (Poor dad had radio problems and spent the first session running around -- yes he had to go into the station to resolve the issue). So for him, not quite as enjoyable. 

I often feel there is an underlying message...or a theme that I hear throughout the talks. I think the message I've gotten so far is to pray more and more intently and to do the basics and you will be blessed. 

There have been a couple talks about kids and that we should just love them and not give up on them when they make different choices. 

I really liked the talk where he had caused a head-on collision. He talked about how everything actually turned out ok...eventually...no one died and they were all restored to health. But how he spent years feeling guilty and beating himself up. And then as a bishop he was teaching others repentance and forgiveness and he learned that he needed to forgive himself. I have struggled similarly with situations in my life and agree -- and struggle - that we need to forgive ourselves. 

So, not funny, funny story!
Our dishwasher quit drying. I wasn't too worried about it but then was reading that if you don't have the drying element your dishes don't get sanitized and that can be bad. So I called GE to figure out the part I needed and paid for it. A part arrived Monday and all week the box sat on the counter with a note to dad..LOOK!!! Our project for tonight!

I never opened the box and we didn't get to the project. Saturday I finally had some quiet time during conference so I got out the youtube video and took the dryer apart. I had to turn off the breaker, turn off the water and disconnect several things. It took me about an hour to get to the point where I was ready for the new part.  I was pretty excited!!! And I open the box...and it's a big rubber ring for a washing machine (as far as I can tell?!?)  and doesn't even slightly resemble a heating element. I called everywhere in town and nobody was open that stocked those. So I ordered the part on Amazon this time and should have a part by next Thursday. I sure hope it works!!!

Until then I am hand washing and don't have a disposal and several of my outlets are powerless. 

Went with Dad to baseball Friday night...something different. He didn't have a partner. So I came and helped him carry his stuff and plug him in. It was so nice to be outside except after the sun went down it got super chilly!

I read almost a whole book during the game. Here is a little summary: 

To do:

Eat a large bowl of green salad daily

Eat a large serving of green steamed daily 

Eat a cup of beans daily

Eat an ounce of seeds and nuts daily 

Eat at least three fresh fruits daily

Eat tomato,onions,mushrooms,garlic and herbs daily


Get ldl cholesterol below 100

Blood pressure below 115/70

Women calories at 1600

I may try that this week...He basically says to eat a pound of fruit and a pound of veggies everyday and you will lose weight. Eat whatever else you want...which you won't be hungry so you'll be ok anyway. 


I have already started eating more veggies and I have felt less cravings and have felt better. I don't think I'm ever eating mushrooms tho! 


Welp! Time for another session of conference. Hope you are having a great Sunday! Love you lots!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!