Skip to main content

09/22/24 Week in reverse

 I'm gonna start with today and work backwards this week!  What a Sunday!

Grandpa bought the yellow flowers for
me for my birthday and LOOK!!! 
They still alive!

It started with me playing the organ in Sacrament meeting. Then on Tuesday this week Brother Haymore asked us both to speak in Sacrament meeting. That was a lot of Griffin going on! haha

After church we went over to our old 9th ward to hear Rysann Clark's farewell. She's headed to a little island by Australia that is French Speaking. Sounds amazing!  In 1/2 hour we are going to go over for a luncheon and then we are schedule to feed the missionaries at 4 p.m. Although they haven't confirmed and they don't have our address...so that might not happen. If not, we'll only have 8 for Sunday dinner!

Ugly sticker day
I got mine! I got shot!

Yesterday Andy did a sleep study overnight at home. Unfortunately, he had to not use his C-Pap to complete the study. Oof.  Poor guys woke up very tired! So he completed his sleep study and took another night time pill and went back to bed. 

Katie's at the beach...I'm enjoying my
backyard sanctuary. Aahhh.
I went over and played pickleball. There was only 6 people total and 2 of them left shortly after I arrived so we only had 4 people. Some weeks we have 20!  

Afterward we went to AJ's work since they were having a BBQ. Eldon and Diane went too and we walked around some of his condos and he drove E&D around and showed them the lagoon and stuff. 

These are the most delicious cookies!!!
Peanut butter stuffed peanut butter cookies
with peanut butter mini m&ms. Oh my. 
So Rich!...like SOOO RICH!
The Haymore's picked me up and hung out while I practiced the organ for today. (They have a key AND you aren't supposed to go over alone.) They set up for zoom so it's nice. They had to wait a little longer for me but they were super patient and made good suggestions and stuff. It's nice to have a mentor and cheerleader!

In the evening we swam and then came in and made rolls and chocolate banana bread and cleaned the kitchen in preparation for today. 

Diana and Shelly at Anastacia
at Tuacahn
Friday evening I went to Tuacahn with Diana Thatcher (Marlee's mom) -- we had a fun time!  The show was spectacular!!! The weather. Not so much! There was a little lightning and a fair amount of rain. They actually stalled the show for about 1/2 hour to let it settle down and mop up the stage. I can't say enough about how great the whole package was...costumes, singing, dancing, acting...all of it..perfecto!

Before the show we met Gpa Griffin at Panda Express and enjoyed some rice and chicken. 

Thursday got a flu shot, eye exam and played pickleball with Beth, Milt & Andy over at Beth's house. Super fun!  We want to start doing that weekly again if Beth and Shane are up to it!

One of the activities in our relay...
ring the ducks neck and you get to take him home!
I think it was a success. 
I miss all my ducks though!
Wednesday we did a carnival with the primary for YW. It was earlier (setup 5:30, start at 6). Our group was responsible for doing the story of Nephi getting the plates and then putting together an obstacle course type relay where they get to do activities pretending they are getting the plates. It was super successful and lots of happy kids!

Nicole Fink coming through the cave.
Tuesday afternoon we did something completely out of the ordinary! I "cut" work early and went to the 3:30 movie!  We went to see the movie about Reagan. Gpa Griffin came too. He loved it! He said he lived through all they were talking about and the footage they were showing and it was really cool to see. 

Theo Fink throwing the bean bag
Monday night we did pizza at Gpa's house with E&D. Aj came late. It was just our usual Monday night pizza event!

That about wraps up the week in reverse!

I think preparing for the organ and our talks made us realize that we haven't been as spiritual as we used to be--I don't know if it's our callings, or things changing (the kids teach now, I haven't been asked to play in awhile, talking on the phone more, life's busy?!)  Anyway, I kind of miss it and want to try to focus more on reading my scriptures, praying, having some spiritual peace going on in my daily life!











One of our groups on their way out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09/10/23 Hey, do you get to read letters on non-p day, p day?

First time trying a lime Pineapple was more pleasing than lime  Well...we went to Provo on Saturday and Sunday -- so your letter is a little later on Sunday than usual...but then I got to thinking...will you even get to see this before Thursday anyway?! So hopefully you're not sad that I'm late and all is well in CHILE.  It's a rainy sabbath here...which is weird cause we rarely get rain. But it is drizzly and rainy and our ride home was beautiful for 2 hours, raining for 1 1/2 hours, and then pretty good the rest of the way.  Let's see...what happened this week...Monday was Labor Day...so we had a day off work. Yeah!!!  We didn't have anywhere we needed to go and planned to have a quiet Monday but first, we went to this store called Sheridan's that is super close to our house. And we found some wonderful outdoor patio furniture. It took us 3 trips to get it all home and all afternoon to unpack and assemble it. So at 5:30, we were just finishing and kinda tired

10/15/23 Last Letter!

  Hey! Can you believe it?!  It's your last letter from home!!! This time next week you'll be one tired Hermana sitting in my kitchen with me!!!  What a week!  Monday was Columbus Day - so everybody had to work ('cept me!!!!) haha I stayed home and worked on projects. I took your car to the tire shop and had the tires inflated and then to Walmart and got an oil change then to the car wash and got the shebang inside and out and then brought it home and scrubbed it for a couple more hours. Wow, it was dirty and still isn't great! haha.  I also cleaned the pool and worked on the yard a bit and I don't even remember what else. I just remember I was super tired by day's end!  On Tuesday Emmalee came over and did Holly's hair and makeup. She looked really pretty. Afterward, we went to the Covington Home to take pictures. And the funny thing...it was decked out in Halloween decorations. NOOOOO!!!! So we found some areas and took some pictures and I think we got a c

09/17/23 Good Morning!

I l ooked up Iqueque and it looks beautiful!!! Did they save the best for last? I'm excited to see your place and hear about it. It looks like a very fun vacation city -- so maybe people won't be as interested in learning the gospel??? I dunno!  But I was impressed! It was a busy week but productive!   After church last week they had a linger-longer -- we've never done that in any ward I've been in that I recall...maybe when I was a kid (we would stay all day between conferences).  I have heard of it...AJ had it in the Virgin Islands. It was fun. Brother Blaser made tons of cookies and everyone just stayed after and visited for a little while.  Dad met a couple that has a pickleball court in their side yard.  But that yard was too small, so they have to cut off 4 feet...which seems like a lot! haha. We haven't gone up to play with then yet so I dunno! They live on Myrna's hill.  Monday we went to the temple pre-open house.  It was really beautiful and a nice exp