Skip to main content

09/22/24 Week in reverse

 I'm gonna start with today and work backwards this week!  What a Sunday!

Grandpa bought the yellow flowers for
me for my birthday and LOOK!!! 
They still alive!

It started with me playing the organ in Sacrament meeting. Then on Tuesday this week Brother Haymore asked us both to speak in Sacrament meeting. That was a lot of Griffin going on! haha

After church we went over to our old 9th ward to hear Rysann Clark's farewell. She's headed to a little island by Australia that is French Speaking. Sounds amazing!  In 1/2 hour we are going to go over for a luncheon and then we are schedule to feed the missionaries at 4 p.m. Although they haven't confirmed and they don't have our address...so that might not happen. If not, we'll only have 8 for Sunday dinner!

Ugly sticker day
I got mine! I got shot!

Yesterday Andy did a sleep study overnight at home. Unfortunately, he had to not use his C-Pap to complete the study. Oof.  Poor guys woke up very tired! So he completed his sleep study and took another night time pill and went back to bed. 

Katie's at the beach...I'm enjoying my
backyard sanctuary. Aahhh.
I went over and played pickleball. There was only 6 people total and 2 of them left shortly after I arrived so we only had 4 people. Some weeks we have 20!  

Afterward we went to AJ's work since they were having a BBQ. Eldon and Diane went too and we walked around some of his condos and he drove E&D around and showed them the lagoon and stuff. 

These are the most delicious cookies!!!
Peanut butter stuffed peanut butter cookies
with peanut butter mini m&ms. Oh my. 
So Rich!...like SOOO RICH!
The Haymore's picked me up and hung out while I practiced the organ for today. (They have a key AND you aren't supposed to go over alone.) They set up for zoom so it's nice. They had to wait a little longer for me but they were super patient and made good suggestions and stuff. It's nice to have a mentor and cheerleader!

In the evening we swam and then came in and made rolls and chocolate banana bread and cleaned the kitchen in preparation for today. 

Diana and Shelly at Anastacia
at Tuacahn
Friday evening I went to Tuacahn with Diana Thatcher (Marlee's mom) -- we had a fun time!  The show was spectacular!!! The weather. Not so much! There was a little lightning and a fair amount of rain. They actually stalled the show for about 1/2 hour to let it settle down and mop up the stage. I can't say enough about how great the whole package was...costumes, singing, dancing, acting...all of it..perfecto!

Before the show we met Gpa Griffin at Panda Express and enjoyed some rice and chicken. 

Thursday got a flu shot, eye exam and played pickleball with Beth, Milt & Andy over at Beth's house. Super fun!  We want to start doing that weekly again if Beth and Shane are up to it!

One of the activities in our relay...
ring the ducks neck and you get to take him home!
I think it was a success. 
I miss all my ducks though!
Wednesday we did a carnival with the primary for YW. It was earlier (setup 5:30, start at 6). Our group was responsible for doing the story of Nephi getting the plates and then putting together an obstacle course type relay where they get to do activities pretending they are getting the plates. It was super successful and lots of happy kids!

Nicole Fink coming through the cave.
Tuesday afternoon we did something completely out of the ordinary! I "cut" work early and went to the 3:30 movie!  We went to see the movie about Reagan. Gpa Griffin came too. He loved it! He said he lived through all they were talking about and the footage they were showing and it was really cool to see. 

Theo Fink throwing the bean bag
Monday night we did pizza at Gpa's house with E&D. Aj came late. It was just our usual Monday night pizza event!

That about wraps up the week in reverse!

I think preparing for the organ and our talks made us realize that we haven't been as spiritual as we used to be--I don't know if it's our callings, or things changing (the kids teach now, I haven't been asked to play in awhile, talking on the phone more, life's busy?!)  Anyway, I kind of miss it and want to try to focus more on reading my scriptures, praying, having some spiritual peace going on in my daily life!











One of our groups on their way out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...