Skip to main content

08/30/15 Holly's Sacrament Meeting Talk

Sometimes we wonder, “What did I do to deserve this?” or “Why did God have to

do this to me?” Here is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her Mom how everything is going wrong. She's failing algebra,

her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a

snack. Her daughter says, “Absolutely Mom, I love your cake!!!!”

“Here, have some cooking oil,” her Mother offers. “YUCK!” says her daughter.

“How about a couple of raw eggs?”

“Gross Mom!!!”

“Would you like some flour then? Or baking soda?”

“MOM, all those things are YUCKY!”

Mom replies, “Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are

put together in the right way they make a wonderfully delicious cake!”

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why HE would let us go through

such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things in His

order, they always work out for good! We just have to trust Him and eventually they

will all make something wonderful!

I am Holly Griffin. I am the youngest Griffin and I am 11 years old. I have been

working on my Faith in God award since I was 8 years old. I have learned how to

give family home evening lessons, I have memorized the articles of faith. I have

given talks in Primary along with prayers. The Faith in God award has helped me to

try to read my scriptures and is teaching me to be a better person.

I am so thankful for the church and all the things that my family has taught me to

help me make good choices in my life. I am only in the sixth grade and I can already

see a difference between the way I act and the way other kids act. I already see kids

saying bad words and doing bad things. I am thankful that I know to avoid those

things.

I would like to bear my testimony that even when bad things are going on around

you it doesn't mean that you have to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...