Skip to main content

02/07/16 Super Bowl Sunday

Football Cake!  
We made it through our week with lots of aches and pains but we're on the mend!  Didn't realize a little toss like that could make you so sore!  Dad's got a partially torn MCL and some sprain/strain on his other knee parts (I'm not a dr.!  Sorry!!!)  He's feeling better (doesn't need to use the cane) but not ALL better!  Still not doing sports or running around.  But getting around. So that's a start!
Chili fogged up my camera!
My shoulder is still paining me (this started before the accident but has intensified since).  I've been to physical therapy 2X and am taking medications but I'm still very sore.  Hoping it will just go away soon!  

Pretty typical week.  Monday night pizza.  Long night Tuesday.  The girls had New Beginnings Wednesday night and we got to see their makeover pictures.  They are pretty awesome!  Those girls look great and all grown up.  Our YW program sure goes all out.  They have had one super neat activity after another.  This week they are doing an etiquette dinner with the boys.  I'm so glad they are having a great experience.  Their leaders aren't afraid to work, that's for sure!

Thursday they girls played ward ball and won against the Armadillos...the team to beat I guess.  They were pretty happy!  Marlee surprised us and popped in after dinner and stayed and visited with us awhile.  It's like she is one of the kids.  She fits right in!  

Friday we went to Dickey's with the parents and dad worked all night.  

This weekend is the first one in a very long time that we didn't have stuff.  It was so nice to clean up the back porch. Do laundry.  Clean the kitchen.  Make yummy goodies.  And not have to go anywhere or do anything. 
We played games Saturday night the girls and Dad and I. It was a nice quiet evening.  Must treasure those.  The girls are growing up fast and will soon be doing other stuff not wanting to hang with us!

Today we had tons of yummy food and everyone is chilling watching super bowl 50.  Eldon came for a little while and then we drove him across town.  Gma and Gpa also came but not for long.  They didn't watch the game.  Just ate and ran.  They had other things going on.  McKayla is working overnight shifts at the hospital psych ward so she also had to leave.  So it's Dallas and the girls and Dad and me. 

Reading a couple of books right now.  One is about a man that dies and comes back.  The other is about a girl that is sick her whole life and then receives a heart transplant.  (Someone of course had to die in order for her to obtain that).  Both stories really make me appreciate all that we have.  Our health.  Our family.  Our life.  

So my message for this week is just to be thankful for all that we have and to realize how fortunate we are. Life is a gift.  Don't take it for granted. 

I hope you are doing well there. I found some I am a child of god stickers at the DI this weekend.  I'm going to send them the next time I send something off to you.  I took some to church today and made friends with a couple of little kids. They love it!  

Love you lots!!!!  Love mom

Glamour shot from YW, Katie

Glamour shot from YW, Holly
(I didn't even recognize this grown up girl!)

Program from New Beginnings

Brother Hafen and Brother Clark playing
the part of the Professor and Marty
from Back to the Future






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!