Skip to main content

02/14/16 Letter from Dad

Whassup Bryce!

I'm actually in church right now and figured I'd use a little down time to write you only iPad.

I have been super crazy busy the past few days as the playoffs near and state is happen g in other sports like swimming, wrestling, etc. I Added it up and we published 19 sports stories the last three days - definitely the most in a three day stretch since I've been at STGNews. I wrote more than half of those and edited and published the rest, including photos - yeah Hoppie has been busy too.

Hey, just two weeks away from turning 50 -- I'm so excited ... NOT.

Dunno if mom told you, but no surgery fo my knee yay!!! But I'm not allowed to play racquetball or basketball for six weeks, so boooo!

Binders blessed their baby today and Dallas and I stood in the circle. It was nice. They have two little boys now. The kid, Jacob, was cute. He just laid back and enjoyed the bouncing during the prayer.

Happy for you that things seem to be going pretty well for you. Did you ever hook up with the zirkers? Has it been gloomy/cloudy there. We are having gorgeous weather here - 70 degrees! Unfortunately, all of Salt lake seems to be down here clogging up the streets and the parks. Hate all the traffic!

Mom played organ today - kind of a last minute thing. Oh , and we got called to teach marriage and family relations class. That should be a adventure .

Keep having fun and growing spiritually. You'll be home before you know it!

Love ya son!

Pops

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

07/28/25 MRI interpretation

Andy had an MRI but to get a surgeon to interpret it was going to be a long wait...like 6 weeks. Andy has a friend who works in radiology. He had Andy over to his office and explained what was going on with Andy's back. He said the two places where Andy had previous surgeries were showing problems just above the surgery (apparently common but nobody told Andy that originally).  He had a third spot that was also degenerating. So lower, mid and upper spine all have issues.  We are trying the spinal decompression route currently in hopes of avoiding surgery.  These spinal issues are probably the reason for many of Andy's other ailments.