Skip to main content

02/29/16 SUPAF and state basketball tournaments

02/29/16
We enjoyed our dinner at the Phillips' house last Sunday.  They made lasagna and salad and strawberry pie.  All very delicious.  We were able to stay and visit awhile and then headed over to Gma's house and stayed a little longer.  Eldon stopped in briefly but didn't see much of him before he was gone again.

Monday the girls had SUPAF dress rehearsal concert at DHHS.  They did a good job.  I am amazed at what Mrs. Hodek can do with the kids that have only been playing 6 months.  They sounded great. And they looked great too.  Takes a special person to be able to stand all the commotion and not be insane.  I went with Holly's class Wednesday to the actual SUPAF competition and that was more than enough kids for me for a long time!  They were good but so busy and noisy!  It was fun to hang out with Holly. She's so grown up!

Wednesday night Dad and I went to cold stone creamery and walked the mall while the girls were at YW.  We knew Dad was going to be busy all week so we thought we better take our date early.  It was nice to hang out and eat ice cream together.  

Thursday, Friday and Saturday Dad worked a TON.  He left early each day and went up to Cedar City and then spent all day covering games both on the radio and not.  Then he would write up the games.  When he finally got home very late he would then stay up until 5 a..m. give or take publishing all the tournament stuff plus whatever else has been going on in the area (U of U, BYU, Dixie, rugby, etc).  Crazy!!!!

The girls and I had a pretty mellow quiet week while he was gone.  We went to Costco for dinner Thursday and did a little shopping.  The girls babysat Friday night for the bishop's family.  Dawn Wright and I went to Brad Wilcox, Why I believe, fireside at the tabernacle.  It was really good.  Saturday we did some yard work and took the little girls swimming.  Katie did homework.  She really wants all  A's all the time everywhere. And she's not afraid to work for it!

Yesterday we had dinner at Gma and pa's house and enjoyed pork and mac and cheese among other things.  Delicious and fun.  It's so nice to just hang out and visit. McKayla even got to hang out with us.  She wasn't feeling well so she didn't go to work last night.  Usually she can only stay 1/2 hour or so.  

The girls are keeping busy and soccer season is just around the corner so it should be even busier soon.  I think they might get to be on the same team again.  I am really hoping.  I've been really liking that this year. 

Well I got too busy yesterday so now it's Monday morning and I'm due to be at work in 11 minutes so I better sign off. Love you lots!!!!  
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...