Skip to main content

07/09/23 Good Morning!

Facetime bathtime!
Imogene
 Sorry I'm a little late getting my letter today...Aj called and needed some mommy time.  He's gonna be ok but he has to work through this heartbreak. 


Facetime Bathtime
Emory!
We talked Tuesday so I feel like you're pretty caught up on life here! Tuesday we had a chill day - enjoyed our pool - got to talk to you.  Had a nice dinner. It is so strange having a holiday mid week. Wednesday felt like it should be Sunday or Monday but certainly not Wednesday. Lots of people were on vacation and the ones who came were all tired from staying up late or just the noise of all the fireworks while they were trying to sleep!

We cancelled activities for July - so Wednesday night I got to go to pickleball. That was fun. Aj and his friend Justin came too. Good to get out and run around. Seems like we've missed a lot due to vacation and schedule conflicts.

Thursday evening we went to Angelica's with Holly. The Mitsubishi is up and running now. We paid $50 for a locksmith last week and then $200 to get the battery replaced along with oil change and overall health check up. He said it will need tires at some point but they are good for a bit longer. Everything else looks good. So that's great!  Holly helped to remove all the stickers and then moved her stuff all in there and took it. I told her to take good care of it because you still get first pick when you get home!

Friday we went to Honolulu Grill with GPA and I was really tired. So we just had a quiet evening. Sometimes my switch just goes to off...and that's what happened!  But I'm good now!  Just needed a lazy day. 

All my cute grands!
Saturday we got up at 6:30 a.m. and played pickleball - cause our usual peeps were out of town and the only ones left insisted on early. So it was really weird to be done at 8:30 a.m.!!!

My dishwasher has been naughty for months now and we took it apart and tried one more time to fix it. I'm planning to purchase a new one Monday. Sigh. The dang thing looks great and runs but it won't heat up the water and dry the dishes -- so it's not really doing it's job properly. I hate replacing things I already have...seems like a waste! 
My lil garden...
daylilies are blooming!

Jenae Carnevale and Ana and Katie came and swam yesterday for about 1.5 hours and later my friend Leslie and her 3 kids and hubby came for another 1.5 hours. Lots of pool time and chatting with friends. The kids all seemed to LOVE it. So that was nice. Gpa came for dinner. AJ stopped in for a few but was on his way to the lake so he didn't stay long. 

Overall it's been nice to have some down time after a super fun vacation. I always feel kind of worn out for a little bit after vacation. 

Boss will be back tomorrow so we'll see what the week brings. 

Enjoying the tub!
I've been working with the girls in the court again trying to get them up to speed and it is really feeling like walking through molasses. I feel so frustrated that I can't help them get faster --- faster!!! haha.  I always thought my job was easy but I'm having a heck of time getting others to do it "easily."  

My thought for the week - focus on the savior. Find peace -- and joy -- and happiness by making good choices and doing good things. Life can throw some pretty harsh things your way but if you are prepared spiritually, financially, educationally speaking, etc... these things are easier to deal with and get through. 

Holly's amazing artwork

I am finding more and more people in my life are straying from Christ and the gospel -- and seemingly they are doing ok right now...maybe even seeming happy with their choice to ignore the gospel and the teachings...but experience tells me...that at some point they will realize the choices they made didn't get them where they wanted to go. And sometimes it's too late to fix things -- people die, addictions occur, circumstances change...I don't know if this all makes sense -- but I'm trying to stay focused even though everyone is trying to make a case for not! haha. 
Cinnamon Rolls and
quadruple berry rolls
yum!

Love you lots and I'm so proud of you and all the sacrifices you've made in your life.   You are a great example and inspiration to me. I'm so impressed with all that you've accomplished in your short life so far!

Love Mom.








Weekly meal prep

Holly's drawing of young 
Grandma Griffin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

07/28/25 MRI interpretation

Andy had an MRI but to get a surgeon to interpret it was going to be a long wait...like 6 weeks. Andy has a friend who works in radiology. He had Andy over to his office and explained what was going on with Andy's back. He said the two places where Andy had previous surgeries were showing problems just above the surgery (apparently common but nobody told Andy that originally).  He had a third spot that was also degenerating. So lower, mid and upper spine all have issues.  We are trying the spinal decompression route currently in hopes of avoiding surgery.  These spinal issues are probably the reason for many of Andy's other ailments.