Skip to main content

07/23/23 Pioneer Day Vacay with the kids









I am starting your letter early because we are going to spend the weekend up North and I don't plan to bring the computer -- so I'll have to write on the phone for the end of this!


This week has seemed really fast! Every day just seems to snowball into busy!

Monday we met at the mortuary and planned Grandpa's ending. He is still deciding between burial and cremation. He is going to decide in the next couple of weeks for sure. Death is expensive...$10,000 basically either way. (with a headstone and service etc.)

We all went to dinner together before at Pizza Limone...All of us except Wendy and Michael - from the cruise haha. Gpa, E&D, B&L and us. 

Tuesday the Fink family came to dinner and swim. Jacob's brother Jared was in town with his family so we had 11 of us total. It was fun. Jacob is the brother of Jared. ðŸ˜‚. We had fun. Jared has a 14 and 10-year-old girl and they played with the lil Finks. Dad smoked for them and dinner was of course delicious. 

Wednesday we had YM/YW activity...ok so just a side note.  At the beginning of the month we decided we weren't having activities this month. And since then we've had an activity every single Wednesday AND a temple trip Saturday...but ok...🙂...luckily I love it and it's lots of fun to hang out with the kids! 

A side note of this week...Our dishwasher arrived on Monday and AFTER the long day of work and dinner and Mortuary we headed home and installed the dishwasher. Took util 10:30 p.m. But we got it!!! 

Or so we thought. 

Tuesday night we came home to a dishwasher full of dirty dishes.  WHAT?!  Started the dishwasher and a couple minutes later it shot up a no H20 message and we realized...thank goodness...the problem was just a kinked line. So Wedesday after work and our meal with GPA we rearranged the dishwasher and NOW we are all good again! Whew!

Thursday evening AJ surprised us and stopped in. He bought a new dirt bike this week...says it was cheaper than his wife cheating on him...😥. He had been to the dentist and dr and  said he kinda had a rough week - Becca been calling begging to take him back. It's rough. 

Friday we went to slc to see the kids for a short summer retreat. Grandpa Laurito turns 85 today!!! We went to Ruth’s house and had a birthday party. We got r&r bbq and cake and ice cream. Me and Dallas and the twins swam. I forgot to get pictures and I’m sad about that!! 

Saturday we went to the aquarium and polo Hawaiian for lunch. Thatcher’s joined us for the aquarium. 

In the afternoon we went to winco and then played outside just Bryce and me and dad and the twins. Everyone else stayed in with the littles and got ready for dinner. Dallas smoked a brisket. Yummy!!

Ray and Suzanne came over too.

We did have another icky hotel experience. We stayed at the Laquita Friday night and it was dirty and had druggies wondering the hall. It felt unsafe. They locked the lobby doors at 11pm to keep the homeless out. Bryce asked if I had read the reviews and when I looked them up they were spot on. 1 ðŸŒŸ…don’t stay here!! I talked to the manager and was able to leave without penalty and we paid extra and are staying at tru by Hilton where we stayed last year. So much nicer!!

This morning we went to tab choir and
Elder Uchtdorf was here and I got to hug his wife and touch the top of his hand (it was on his wife’s shoulder). 

We have plans to make pizza and sugar cookies today and tomorrow from 10:30 to 2 we’ll be at cowabunga bay. Then we’ll head south and have dinner at aunt Laura’s tomorrow night. We gonna be tired this week!!

Hope you’re having a great week and planning something cool for pday!!!

The message today was to have the pioneering spirit and to make the effort to do great things. 

I really enjoyed the program.

Look forward to talking to you tomorrow…hopefully you can call early before cowabunga!!

Love you lots!! Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...