Skip to main content

08/05/86 Mardi (Tuesday) Versaille

Today we went to Versaille.  It was really nice.  We went through the huge Chateau and gardens.  Tonya and I talked the whole time.  It was really fun.  After we brought up her coming here and Colette and her discussed everything and I thought it was settled but I guess Colette didn't like whatever they discussed because when we got home she flipped out - she was the one that said about driving to L'Aigle and then she asks me why we have to go there.  no sense.  I would never have asked her to drive there and she flips out after SHE makes the suggestion herself.  i don't understand her at all.  She ruined my whole day.  She was so nasty when she asked me about her coming.  I don't even know what they said So I couldn't defend anything.

Tomorrow I am meeting Tonya in Paris at 11 and we are going to LeLouvre! Neat, huh?!  I don't know if Tonya will come or not.  I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

I got a letter from Terry and Andrea and Brian today.  I have no more air mail envelopes so?  W/b whenever?

I felt really great all week and this little incident has really got me upset.  I was so excited - now it is all falling apart again.  Why?

Every time I start liking it here something ruins it.  This will be the 3rd day in a row that I go to be exhausted.  It is great!  I love it.  I just hope everything works out tomorrow and this weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

06/27/25 Drew Ellerman's Retirement Party

Steve Whittekiend, Kelly Carlson in front Mayor Kress Staheli in back Thad Seegmiller back of head Police Chief Jason Williams, Councilman Troy Belliston Jordan Hess, Councilman Bret Henderson, Finance Brian Brown Mayor Kress Staheli and Councilman Craig Coats Danice Bulloch (former City Recorder), Shelly Griffin Hana Park and Tara Pentz (current recorders) April and Drew Ellerman April & Drew Ellerman, Kathy Spring (former assistant to Drew) Bonnie Baker (current assistant) and Drew Drew