Skip to main content

08/10/86 Dimanche (Sunday) Another day in Honfleur and enjoying the beach

Ca va!
I am really enjoying being here in Honfleur.  Everything seems to go quicker and smoother and Colette doesn't flip out!

This morning I went for a 1.5 mi walk shopping for gifts for when I go home.  I found a cute little picture frame with a saying on it in French on how to make a good day . It was 60F.  I really like it.

There is a place down the street to get cidre for 3F50.  I want to get 3 or 4 bottles but I'm afraid they'll be too heavy to carry home.

After my shopping excursion we went for lunch at AuOars Normand.  We ate lunch for 2 hours.  It was 435 F which is close to $70!

I ate poisson du filet with Normandie sauce. It was great.  Also vegetables and french fries and apple cider and an apple tart.  No I am not losing weight this way - just passing time.

After pigging out we went to the beach and exposed our flab!  Colette changed clothes right on the beach.  not me.  I found a scummy smelly toilet room and changed.  It is true most people don't wear tops and if they do they are so tiny they might as well not!It was nice.  We spent about 3 hours on the beach.  Don't know what we are doing this evening.  I imagine just watching TV and eating.  Possibly go for a walk.

Eat day brings me closer to getting out of this country.  I can't wait.  I just don't know what to bring back for everybody.

Well enough - I watched a German talking movie translated to French - still no English!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!