Skip to main content

08/01/86 Vendredi (Friday) Hanging with Jerome

Day 40
Yes, I really  made it to Aout! A month and two weeks has just slipped past me.  I've been reading some of the things I wrote and it is wierd how changeable my feelings are.  One minute I like it, the next I don't!  It is true that I have enjoyed this week even though not much has been happening.

Perhaps I just have to play mind games with myself and make myself enjoy this, ya know? 

We went to Jerome's house and I played ping pone (he won of course) then looked at a book and he gave me some stamps while we listened to music.  It was fun.  It is probably the last I will see him.  In 4 days he leaves.  I even explained something in French and he understood.  It is kind of like a puzzle figuring out how to say things in French.  Sometimes it is fun to play with the puzzle and other times I just want to put it away. 

I have also continued to get along with Colette.  It is nice.  Today is the day I told church I'd be back and still no call. I sure hope they decided to wait until tomorrow and haven't forgotten me.  I sent 8 letters and 2 post cards today.  The $ rate keeps going down so I don't know if it is wise to change my money before it goes down more or wait until it goes back up.  If it goes back up! 

We had another great french pasterie for dinner tonight.  My diet will never work!  I'm staying a steady 62. (136 lbs) 

When we go to Honfleur I'll probably gain even more because it is so great -- the food there I mean!This is awful.  I know exactly where I gained it - my gut and my butt.  Yuk! I feel so gross! 

I got 2 letters today.  Sue Meltzer and Terry Williams -- filled me in on all the latest and greatest in all my favorite places - home, church, work and band.  I guess that's it.  I always make it from one day to the next wondering what will be in the mail. Only problem is I f=get real sad when there is no mail!  Isabel and Patricia came over for 1 hour.  They always make me remember the freedom I had to come and go as I please.  I miss home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...