Skip to main content

08/27/1986 Mercredi (Wednesday) I'm home!

Day 66
Once again I find myself sitting on a plane between Tonya and Samantha.  There is a guy from Florida who we have been talking with.  He came in from Russia and England . he took our pictures and said he'd send them to us. He is really talkative. Kind of funny I guess.

I am so relieved to be going home finally!  It is sad saying goodbye to all the friends I've spent the last 2 days with. I haven't slept in almost 3 nights because of my stupid asthma.  It is totally miserable.  Even now my eyes are all blood shot and I still have a whole 6 hours extra when we get home.  We arrive 2hr after we left - it is an 8H45M ride.  We flew over England and Ireland and are coming in over Boston and New York.  It is the longer of the ways to go home.

The guy from Florida gave us money from Russia.  It is neat. The $ bill is the size of monopoly money. I feel all talked out and it is hard to write. Continue later!

Customs was really easy - not a single question.  Mom and dad were on the other side.  I was so happy to finally be finished. I said goodbye to Tonya and then hugged mom and dad.  Mom had tears in her eyes.  It felt so great.

The car ride I talked all the way home.  I just couldn't shut up.  I am on a very high high.  After I came home we said hollow to Betty and then I got ready for band.

We got home around 4 and I showered and changed for band at 6.  It was like before with me rushing and eating in only a few minutes. At band everyone was kind of surprised to see me.  It felt so good to see everyone that I didn't feel very tired.

I did gain 10 lbs.  I weigh exactly 140 today.  Gotta get it off quick!

Also my face is broken out big time.  it scares me.  I got a senior picture on Friday.

After band I talked to Brian and Andrea.  Paul Talone, who is a boy from our school, killed himself Saturday and we were talking about death and our summers.

It is 11 p.m. here but in France it is 5 a.m. I have been up for over 24 hours.  - not really slept in 3 days.  I am tired!  Je Suis Fatiguee!!!

I keep thinking phrases in French. We stopped at an ice cream place and I forgot I could order in English.  I always am trying to say things in French.  I didn't even speak the language while i was in France.  Weird.

Called Grama Davis and gramps also just to say I was back.

7 a.m. tomorrow going out for breakfast!
Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...