Skip to main content

08/04/86 Lundi (Monday) Paris

I ventured out on my own again!  This time I met Tonya in Paris.  These 2 older guys bought us a drink (coca-cola) and we talked with them until they went back to work.  I got to Paris at one.  3 train transfers!  Luck let me find Tonya in the HUGE station!  I am really enjoying figuring out the system.  Although it is expensive.  I spent my first $100 today which is right on schedule as today was the scheduled day to change my last $50.  (only the banks are closed)

I may go to Versaille sometime this week and Friday Tonya might come here.  I don't know.

After we got rid of those guys we went to McDonald's and walked all around Paris.  We went to LeLouvre and all sorts of neat things.  It was so great just to be out!

We got some chocolate and I was in HEAVEN!

Then we played some more games with the trains and found our way back.  It was so wonderful.

She wants to go to LeLouvre Wednesday and Versaille Thursday but I'm not sure I can afford it - but I think I should go - I don't know.

I finally figured out the train pretty well and with the map I do ok.

Perhaps this is the Lord's way of helping me but I don't know.

I got a letter from Leslie Kunz and Rob.  I figured out all she told me before I got the letter.  I'm glad she wrote though.It is nice to have reassurance.  I guess I really have enjoyed the past week.  I am not sure what do do this week.

Tonya is here and we can do things but I don't know if Colette minds - but I'm only here once - perhaps I should.

Maybe not tomorrow but perhaps Wednesday and Thursday I'll go.  I am really tired!  It is such a great feeling!  Maybe I'll walk and call Tonya so she knows what's going on in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...