Skip to main content

08/11/86 Lundi (Monday) More Honfleur and Deauville Beach

Ca Va!

Really enjoy staying here.  Everybody is so much more pleasant.  Armand is the sweetest kindest most giving person I have met.  She would give her shirt and shoes and everything for anybody else.  Colette is less of a spazz although when she drives she is still stupid but Armand always watches out for our safety with "Attend!" (Attention)  We (Armand and I) ate breakfast together and then I dressed and ran to the post office.

I walked around through the shops but the ones I wanted to go to were closed so I came back.  Before lunch we walked around a bit and fed the sea gulls then ate a rather short lunch.  Only an hour.  We were going to go to Liseaux butthe weather got nice so we went to Deauville and that's the nice beach.  It was a little chilly for swimming so I just laid in the sand.  Then we walked the boards (no stores but 1 here and there- we came home and made dinner.

It was so relaxing and nice here.  I am still restless for return to home but I can almost tolerate the days and sometimes even enjoy the days here.

I hope to make this vacation last as long as possible so I have to spend as few days at Colette's as possible.

My history is all I worry about there.  I don't even miss not getting my mail because there is usually something else to keep me semi happy.

Dieting is impossible as hard as I try but hopefully this gross appetite will go away when I get home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...