Skip to main content

04/22/17 Hawaii - Day Two - Kileaua lighthouse, Ke'e beach & Hanalei


Saturday we got up and looked some more around our place.  The grounds and pool were amazing. It was fun to just be like kids and be able to leisurely get up and have breakfast together and then do whatever we wanted. 

We decided to head over to Kileaua lighthouse.  We were able to go in and tour the grounds and get right up to the lighthouse.  

We drove all the way out to the end of the road by the Napoli Coast and walked along Ke'e beach. The weather was rainy/overcast. So much so that the Napoli Coast hike was actually closed and they had someone guarding it so no one would go up there. Too dangerous!  That helped us get to be able to stop and park there though.  Usually it's very difficult to get a spot due to large crowds. 

The roads are interesting there.  There are certain places that go down to one lane roads and you have to stop and wait in a line.  They are very polite and 5-7 cars come from one direction and then the other direction goes through.  

The roads up to Napoli get pretty windy and tight at times but the speed limit doesn't get above about 40 so you just wind your way along the tight little roads. It would have been really scary if the speeds were higher!

After driving we stopped in Hanalei and enjoyed Chicken in a barrel and a snocone.  There is a nice plaza there that has shopping and a grocery store and some restaurants.  It was really the only place close to Princeville for eating so we went back to the plaza several times. 

Each evening upon returning from our days adventure we went to the hot tub and pools for about an hour and enjoyed them. Perfect ending to a perfect day!



Lots of chickens and birds around in Kauai.

Water feature at our condo.





One of two swimming pools at our condo

One of several waterfalls at our condo

Wood sculpture (look closely...each piece
is a little creature)

Close up of sculpture

Pool at the condo

Cliffs view from condo

Condo - we were on right side, 2nd floor
























Andy and the duck sharing a water fountain!










Sign says.."Birds Only" -- Andy wants to know...
How do they know?!










Stopped and talked to the rooster.  Said, hey look here and let
me take your picture.  And he did!  Tall and Proud! Haha.


Heart shaped rock -- made me think of my Andy -
so I had to capture it on film!

Chicken in a barrel is one of my very favorite spots to eat
on Kauai...we went there twice!!!! YUMMY!!!!!


This dog came with the place -- and very politely waited for
us to finish eating and share with him!


Street people -- singing, harmonica and ukulele -- trying to earn
some money for their dinner. I think I could take Katie there
and get rich!!! It was a nice touch to go with our dinner. 

Can't go to Hawaii without getting a sno-cone!  Yummy!!!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!