Skip to main content

04/28/17 Hawaii - Day Eight - Heading home, cookie dough is ok on airplanes...




Friday came all too quickly and it was time to head home. We checked out of our place early -- 8:30 a.m. and headed down to Lihue.  We stopped at Walmart to find treasures to take home to the kids. We found key rings, shirts and candies to share. They had to be small to fit in our bags.

Funny story...we were expecting Andy to get frisked due to his driver license being paper and the people at the airport we actually quite cool about it and let him go through with no problems.

My bag however ---  Andy was with my bag and they said, sir is that your bag?  And he said, no that's my wife's bag.  So I went over to my bag and they told me they were going to search it and I was not to touch anything while they performed the search.  They came to a nestle toll house bucket and removed it and handed it to me and asked me to open it.  Inside was half a container of cookie dough.

He looked at me funny and said, Are you going to eat that?!

I said, yes of course! I love cookies and cookie dough! I couldn't leave my cookies behind!

They talked to their supervisor's and decided I could keep my dough and let me continue on into the airport!

The lady said, oh, you are so lucky you got a nice agent today!

We had a wait for our flight to leave so I went to the bathroom and washed up and then rolled my slab of dough into balls -- thinking they would be easier to eat that way.

As we were leaving Honolulu they make you go through a fruit inspection station to make sure you aren't taking any fruit out of Hawaii.  So I put my bags on the belt and the agent stops me...Do you have something to tell me mam? No, I say.
Do you have lemons? Or mangos? Or something in your bag? No, I say.
Andy smiles and says, she does have cookie dough though!
The guy rolls his eyes and lets us continue through security.

Flying to and from Hawaii is a long venture.  We decided it took about 14 hours each way with layovers and such.  We arrived home at a little after 4 a.m. to find Dallas and Bryce had refinished my kitchen table...it was so beautiful!!!!  That was a fun surprise!  Happy Birthday & Mother's Day early to me!!!!

Our trip was so wonderful from start to finish.  It was so fun to be able to relax and have fun and just hang out like we were kids again.  No worries about kids or jobs (well Andy worked some but could forget about it during the day) or church or anything.  We really had a great time!  I LOVE Andy and I love Hawaii!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...