Skip to main content

07/02/17 - Day Three - Park City - Tabernacle Choir

Sunday started early with everyone dressed and out the door by 7:30 a.m. to head to the tab choir.  Bryce and Marlee had to drive separately due to room in the car.  We got down to Salt Lake City in good time (there's not much traffic early Sunday morning!) and then found a ton of traffic once we arrived close to the conference center.  We ended up being in a line of traffic for several blocks prior to entering the parking garage and then had to go up several floor until we finally found parking.   It was just a few minutes before 9 a.m. when we finally got upstairs to enter the conference center.

We sat in the 2nd section (in the past we've been able to get up to the front) and texted Eldon who came down and said Hi for just a second because it was close to show time he had to get busy!

It was the special fourth of July message with all patriotic songs and it was really good.  The organ played a cool solo and there was a piccolo that had a fun part.

The message delivered by Lloyd D. Newell was called "A team of individual citizens." It was about how individually we may be defeated but collectively as a team we can often win. He talked about how we as a nation are on a team and we must work together to succeed.  He ended by saying we win best when we win together, as a team.






After conference Bryce and Marlee walked around a little on temple square and we came home and made a nice brunch - Holly made pancakes, I made smoky cheese eggs (mmmmmm, thank you Andy for smoking the cheese!!!!), and we baked some bacon.  B&M got home exactly when it was all ready and we had a fun brunch together.

We had quiet time for awhile and the kids went up and watched a movie together in the loft and then came down and played some games.

At 5 p.m. Ben and Laura Squires joined us for dinner -- we made BBQ pork in the crockpot and had corn on the cob, cheesy potatoes and beans.  B&L brought watermelon, rolls and dunford donuts to share.  It was a great meal!!!  With great company!  After dinner we all played apples to apples for a couple of rounds.

AJ stayed over which kicked Katie into the closet with Holly on the air mattress (she wasn't completely happy about that!!!) but she was a good sport and all the kids were up in the loft together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!