Skip to main content

07/04/17 Day Five - Fourth of July BBQs

July 4th turned out to be a super fun family filled day.

Started early with a BBQ at Eldon and Diane's house. All her kids and grandkids were there.  Rachel and Seth (Duncan, Miranda, Drake, Evie); Marcus and Laura (Rodney & Persaeus (twins) and Enoch) and Johnny and Demas (Luke & Zara).  AJ brought Marlee after he got off work about 1 p.m.) Bryce was still working and missed that BBQ.  Marlee got to meet all the SL Griffin's for the first time.

Diane had quite the spread!! Hamburgers, hot dogs, skewers with meat, peanut sauce (Demas specialty); chips, fruit, beans...I know there was more!! Laura made a dulce de leche cake.  Cupcakes...honestly there was TONS of food!)

Diane had the yard all set up with tables and chairs and an awning so it was still shady.  (Started at 11 to beat the afternoon sunshine out!)

We were able to stay and visit with everyone until after 2 p.m. Then we headed over to Laurito's for a swim.  Everyone was invited but only Marcus and family came -- they stayed a little more than an hour.  But that was so fun!!!  Ruth and her boys were already there.  (Becky and family was headed to North Dakota and didn't join us).

All afternoon some visited inside, others played in the pool.  Around 6:30 we cooked some hamburgers and hotdogs and had another BBQ on Laurito's back porch.  (Dad had the porch redone and it is so great.  Big awning, lots of seating by the pool.  Really nice place for a dinner!)

The boys did a slurpee run before dinner and even Suzanne and Ray had one!

AJ is leaving on a trip to California so he headed home prior to dinner to do laundry and pack and get ready for his trip.  B&M also headed home after dinner.

Leaving us with just the girls for the remainder of the trip (which is fun too!!!!)  It's easier to spoil children when you don't have quite so many!













































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!