Skip to main content

07/03/17 Day Four - Park City - Mirror Lake

Early Monday we ran over to the outlet mall and found Bryce some shoes for his birthday.  Everyone else found some too.

We had a house full of everyone (except Dallas and McK who had to work and couldn't make it up to PC this year sadly), and it was the only day that would be the case so we piled into the 300s (Aj's and ours) and headed up to Mirror Lake.

The drive up there is about an hour or so and is beautiful.  The temperature dropped quite a bit as we climbed the mountain.  When we got to mirror lake (over 10,000 ft) it was actually almost chilly and breezy.  Much windier than past visits.  Also WAY crowded.  The parking lot was full and overflowing!!!

We were able to find a spot and drag our lunch over to a picnic table and have sandwiches and chips and cookies by the lake.  Then we walked around the lake to "our spot" where we waded in to the FREEZING water and played for a little while.  There is something so peaceful and calming about being in the beautiful lake in the mountains.

After playing we headed down the hill and right to the swimming pool (already wet and dressed for it, right?!)

AJ had to go home for a date and work but the rest of us played and had fun.  Marlee and Bryce went over to the outlet mall and bought Marlee a pair of sneakers. For dinner we got pizza hut stuffed crust pizzas. After dinner we played a game Marlee had recently gotten about puns...Puns aren't my thing and I was terrible at it but the others had fun and made some silly puns.

Bryce had to work 8a - 4p on 4th so they headed home to sleep in their own beds.


































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...