Skip to main content

07/05/17 Day Six - Park City - Mojo's and Factory outlet and Chabasco's

Lazy day with just us and the girls.

Andy had a rough night due to back pain and elevation and such.  I had a terrible night due to asthma and not having an inhaler readily available.  So we didn't get moving early!!!

We had a secret shop at Mojo's restaurant up by the alpine slide so we went and did that afternoon.  We got a couple of entrees and shared them four ways. Also some nachos and cookies.  We found a souvenir shop and everyone got cute park city shirts. Then it started raining and thundering -- not forecast, no expected -- didn't last long!

It was kind of nice though because it cooled everything down.  So we went to the outlet malls and walked around for a long time.  Found Andy some sneakers for pickle ball -- he wanted daily shoes too but we didn't have any luck with that.   We walked the whole lower half of the outlets and then headed over to walmart.

While on this trip Andy decided for sure to go to Mexico for surgery.  The surgery is two weeks away -- which means he has to start a special diet immediately.  So we went over to walmart to pickup some protein powder and gatorade and things.  Prior to the surgery he has to try to lose a bunch of weight to help make it easier to perform the surgery.  It will be a rough couple of weeks - shakes, salads, no sodas.  So we are gearing up to help out and get through it!

For Andy's "last supper" before the surgery we went to Chubasco's - a park city local Mexican joint.  That place was super crowded and yummy.  We got two entrees and shared them again along with nachos.  We had a fun time with the girls and enjoyed Andy's last real meal.

After dinner we went straight instead of turning and decided to take a nice drive.  We found some fun signs -- lil Kate driver and Andy for Mayor!

The weather gets cool here in the evening and the pool has pretty chilly water so we didn't swim -- the girls read books and hung out (it was already after 9 p.m.!!!!)

Andy and I decided to go to the hot tub late though!  It was so nice.  Everyone was gone and we had it to ourselves again and had a little hot tub date late in the evening!  The pool says it closes at 10 but we stayed until almost 11 p.m. and there was noone to tell us to go home so we didn't!  I thought we'd be freezing but sitting in the hot tub for awhile heats you up so it wasn't cold at all!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!