Skip to main content

11/09/15 Letter from AJ to BJ

Hey Brother!

Hope your having a good week! I had a really good one! Last night I talked to the girl I have been writing that just got home from her mission and that was really good. Her name is Sarah. She is in Arizona until she come to BYU in January so we’ll see what happens! We had a good talk catching up and talked about doing stuff when she is back at school.

I covered a game for dad in tooele on Friday, which is in the middle of nowhere haha! It was good but hurricane lost so they were crying a lot

Oh funny story I was walking to school one day and I started talking to a girl going the same way and I found out she is from Spokane. I started asking her about when she has been there what part and stuff and she said she probably met you(and all the other missionaries) because she was home with her BOYFRIEND this last summer in the YSA wards and had met all the missionaries(she didn’t remember any specifics tho). haha needless to say I found another girl to talk to real soon lol!

Hey so this week a lot of people have been getting upset and questioning their testimonies of the new policy change on gay/lesibians being apostate and children of couples not being able to be baptized until their 18 and out of the house and denounce their parents sins. How has this affected you? Have members or people on the street asked you about it or has anyone even noticed? I am really sad to see such contention on the matter as people clearly don’t understand the reasoning behind it or the doctrine behind the revelation. This policy change has the family in mind. How can I child make sacred covenants and denounce their parents sins at such an age. I believe that all the blessing a child of such couple could receive attending the church as a member or as a youth waiting to come of age. Additionally, the church is either true or it isn’t and people are trying to pick and choose. A lot of people on facebook, especially that I didn’t expect are up in arms about this. Many of the dissenters argue that can’t the church be true but the leaders fallible. The answer is a resounding NO. That’s what I love about the gospel is that it is all inter connectedly true or not and seekers of truth just need to ask God if it is. Good luck serving especially amidst the controversy of recent events. I am proud of you and know your service is needed in such vital times.

Yesterday I taught Priesthood (I am 2nd counselor in the EQP) on being missionaries and especially about having the missionary spirit even after our missions(since almost all of us are RM’s). It was really cool discussing that although you can have big plans and ideas for how to be a missionary but REALLY its the basics that matter. Obtain the spirit, be kind and look for and take advantage of missionary opportunities. The gospel is so simple and beautiful

Have a great week Bro!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...