Skip to main content

07/13/86 Dimanche (Sunday) Strange encounter leads to 15 K walk home

Started out as being a really lousy day - in fact the whole day was lousy!

I studied until lunch and then Decide, Cami and Stephen and I went for a walk. Which was also lousy!

Sometime between 6 and now though, all that changed.

Around 9 when we were about to eat some of Colette's friends dropped by.  They have a boy my age.  They stayed until 11 and invited me to come see them in Paris - which was great - he seems very nice!  So for dinner I was in a good mood and we ate until 12:30 then went down the street to the center of the village to join the National Fete (party)!

It was really great.  everyone was very happy (drunk) and some guy who spoke know English was telling everyone to tell me he loved me and wanted me to come with him for a walk.  Smashed as he was I gladly declined.  About 2:30 the party broke up and we realized we had forgotten to pickup their friend at the train.  So we hurried back to the party.  Some of her (Cami's friends) were there and they were too drunk to drive.  So I drove 7 of us (a no, no!) well, half way to the train but then the owner decided we couldn't use the car anymore.

Stephen got me a flag of France while we waited for the drunks to hobble inside.  Then we crashed an all block party and Cami bummed a ride to the station - only the driver wanted something in return - unfortunately that was me! Well when he stopped the care and we weren't at the train station - or anywhere near it and he started making his moves -- I got out.  Of course he also followed.  We fought a little (his ring came off in the process) and then he returned to the car.  This is at about 5 a.m. He drove us to the station only to find their friend wasn't there anymore.  He decided he was too tired to drive anymore and parked the car. 

I was tired of waiting so I walked the 15K home.  We all met up about 1/2K from home and returned at 8:30 a.m. We were out all night! Totally crazy!  I still have the flag and the ring to show for it.

We had breakfast and then headed to bed. 

I got a chance to meet 4 of the guys who live around here.  I don't know any girls still.  (Well Cami but she lives somewhere else)

1 girl and 7 guys = weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!