Skip to main content

07/30/86 Mercredi (Wednesday) Goals set

NO THIS ISN'T
This is it! The last day of July - I am making it!

Today was pretty good. We didn't do much. Got up around 10 and put away all the dishes from last night.  Ate.  Took a batch.  Ate.  Then I cleaned my bedroom real good.  Dusted, Vacuumed under the bed and all the shelves. It was gross!

Decide and I went for about 1.5 hours through the country side and picked wild flowers.

We didn't really talk much.  I guess we were both just thinking.  Then I laid out in the sun for an hour.  Decide left at 5.  Next time he comes we will go to Honfleur.  I can't wait!

I got a letter from Tammy and Jamie. Really cool!

Silly chick didn't even tell me about Utah!

I met 2 girls that are my age that live near here.  Don't you know one of them is leaving for nice tomorrow morning!  I have been praying so hard for something.  I have decided to set goals for this next month.

1 - Make it through this summer and ENJOY it!
2 - Lose weight - 5 lbs to start with
3 - Finish all my history and English to the best of my ability
4 - Continue to read the Book of Mormon and enjoy it - whenever possible
5 - Try to understand and perhaps speak with these people

These goals are rather unspecific but it is better to have room to breath.

Still no luck with Tonya but I wrote a letter.

The last month could be good if I try to enjoy not doing much and continue to get along with Colette. We really have been communicating much better recently.  I've been writing down some words and music for songs and that has helped me to get my mind off things.  I feel good inside - like something great is going to happen.  I hope I'm not just hoping.  I hope something great does happen. I don't know what, just anything.

I really want to be able to go home with a good feeling about this trip.  I keep thinking of all the great things I 'll do when I get back.  Marching band doesn't seem fun anymore.  I prefer work - why?

 This diet things is going to be so hard!  I have to wear a bathing suit soon though!  I did 50 situps and hiney walks and squeezes.  I've got to lose weight!  From our walk today my legs look awful. They are all scratched and yucky.  Oh well.  I can't believe tomorrow is still July!  Is is going fast and slow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...