Skip to main content

07/26/86 Samedi (Saturday) Half-way!

Je t'aime moi non plus!  That means I love you, me I don't.  Great, huh?

I'm gonna say it when I'm confused or when I love something and I hate it - like this trip!  I had a real nice day. Decide and I sat around after breakfast and lunch singing songs from the album Je t'aime noi non plus into the tape recorder.  Mostly love for sale.

Then Colette drove us to Chantilly and we all walked around until 8:00.  Now we'll wait until about 10 for chicken.  We talked a lot about love today.  Also French men.  He says frenchmen are becoming more feminine and creative.  He said he loves everything and is in love with different people in different ways.  Also he says that the French religion is literature, art and music.  French people hate American TV & Reagan and they love American movies.

Decide says I should take longs walks through the country and find a friend and go and discovery Paris.  I think it would be fun but I'm afraid I would get lost and not find my way back.  I really wish I had someone to buddy around with always.

Decide si great but he's only here sometimes, ya know?

I had a great day and now I feel like crying.  I'm so homesick.  In one week we are going somewhere?

Bonsoir
Bonnuit
Dormi Bien!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!