Skip to main content

07/15/86 Mardi (Tuesday) Educated by a different bunch of people, question life

I finally woke up at 12:45 -- wooh - late!  Today was kind of laid back and nice.  We went for another walk today.  We walked through the wheat field, smelled stuff, ate wild fruits, had an apple fight, lounged out in a cow field and headed back.  We got home around 6 p.m.

Jillian and I talked again in Decide's room for another hour or so.  He is very nice and I'm really shocked at how polite they are to the kind of life they live.

Jullian is 23 and has no home.  He just lives in empty homes with friends (squatter) and steals what he needs.  How can he do that and be such a kind and gentle polite person?

We ate dinner around 9 until 10 then everybody packed up and we rode to the train station.  I am so upset. I really like them.  They are so different.  After our walk they were hot so they all stripped naked and went in the sprinkler.  Then they sat around drinking for awhile.  So weird!

I kissed them all good bye and they said they would surprise me sometime and drop by.  Probably won't see them for a month because in 10 days I leave for Holland for a week.  For the next 10 days I will be alone with Collette.  What will I don? I have finally gotten used to staying up until morning, sleeping until 2.  Walking 2 hours and eating really late dinners.  I like it.  Oh well.  In 2 days I will go to Paris and see that guy and his mom.  (At least I think that is what's doing!)  Je ne sais pas!

I'm a little confused about things after talking with Julien.  He made everything sound like it was supposed to be unstructured and free and you should give and receive pleasure because it was right.  He said if I couldn't explain why not than I didn't really believe - Maybe I'm not a good Mormon, maybe I'm a clone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...