Skip to main content

07/22/86 Mardi (Tuesday) Letters from home

I didn't go anywhere but shopping today.  I didn't want to.

As I was eating Collete handed me 3 letters.  I was so happy!  One from Grams and Gramps, Rob and Linda.

Well I opened Linda's first because I knew what the others said.  Inside Lindas was a note from Joe.  Before I read Linda's I opened Joes. It was real short but it said everything I needed to hear.  I cried all day today. He said he loves me - I love him too.  I think I have been trying to ignore my feelings but I can't.  I really love him.  Of course we couldn't ever have a life together unless he cahnged but maybe that is possible.  I wrote him back that I love him and perhaps if some things changed we could be together again.

Also filled him in on life here.

I also wrote Rob that he should forget me -  I can't keep pretending - not pretending but I can never love him the way I love Joe. I think he'll be upset but I have to get all this straightened out before I get back. 

I sent off 3 letter today and then wrote 4 more.  Now I've got to go to the post office again.  But these don't need mailed immediately.

My stomach is still messed up.  I fed my hamburg to the dogs.  They are good for something.  Maybe it is just because I've been upset.  I don't know.

I sure wish Decide was here to talk to.

I've got to get out of this awful depression.  It is really making me homesick.  Although going home wouldn't get me to Joe anyway.

Maybe I'm just stupid for loving him - 4 years ia a very long time!  Can it last so long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...