Skip to main content

08/24/86 Dimanche (Sunday) Last day at Colette's!

I can't believe how screwed up my emotions are.  I am always on the verge of tears.  I still have 24 hours to kill here and then another 30-36 at orientation.  I just want to go home.

I organized all my things and packed all my hanging clothes except what I'm gonna wear until Wednesday.  I have only 1F so I hope I don't need money before I get home.  I am hoping to get all my things into 2 bags but I don't know if it is possible.  I still have loads of history to do but I need other books to finish.

Things between Colette and I are tense but ok.  I think she realizes I don't really like her and I don't think she likes me much although we have been holding small conversations today and we are going to a movie.  I want to go home so bad I could just pop.  I think that is why I'm so emotional.  I'm glad I got to spend time with the Dulys.

My French improved lots.  2 people asked me questions at the train station and I understood and answered them.

I'm gonna write a thank you note and leave it up here for her to find after I'm gone.  We raen't going to the movie - oh well. And great news!  Tonya and I are together at orientation!!

By 2 p.m. tomorrow we are supposed to meet.  That means I will be here only until 12! Great!

No details yet and Tonya doesn't know.  I even had a conversations with Md LaPorte and Colette . It was wild.  She understood most of what I was staying.  Colette didn't because she doesn't care but it's ok.  Colette was even laughing at me when I messed up by Md LaPort was patient and kind.  It was neet.

Nothing exciting.  Small conversation.  Wrote music and played solitaire. I'm so excited to go home!

I weigh 143 - more than I've weighed in over a year.  I'm still disgusted but I don't feel fat here.  Last week I really felt good about me. I still do.

Bon Soir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...